GB-61 1/72 PB2B-1 Catalina - Carrier and Maritime Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys. Her 3D printed MGs arrived today :)

GasPatch #GAS19-72206:
Browning Cal.50 Flexible.
GasPatch #GAS19-72211:
Browning Cal.30 Flexible
20240221_172205.jpg

As promised Vic. .50 Cal. top, .30 Cal. below.

The .50s are for the waist gun postions, the .30s for the Eyeball turret in the nose. Another .30 was carried in the tunnel gun position (aft of the waistgun position bulkhead), but you won't see much of that through the blister windows (trademark feature of the PB2B-1) so a PE'd kit gun will do there.
20240221_224931.jpg

20240221_224946.jpg

Cheers guys.
Got the fuselage halves off the sprues. Checking out what areas will be visible through the windows etc to see how much detail to add.

Merci Steph, és dzieki Wojtku.

Studying references, most kit windows will need reshaping and/or repositioning, aswell as adding 3 others, including the two blister windows in the tunnel gun position associated with the PB2B-1.

Not making any progress here at moment sorry, the little time I get for modelmaking is spent f'ing round trying to get the Bf 109H-1 cockpit to a standard I'm happy with.
If I'm unable to do anything soon, I may move this to the 'start and finish' threads instead, as continuous unfinished GB entries is not good for my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back