GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXC "Beer Delivery" - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks good Ralph, as for weathering I use most of the methods mentioned with initial spraying but for the panel lines its thinned oils paints applied to individual lines and hopefully using capillary action. :thumbright::lol:
Yeah. It's that capillary thing that usually gets me. Multiple 'touch points' required and the 'dots' usually stay visible. Works well when the finish and the panel line fluid are compatible, but there is, for me, usually an unacceptable finish (Tamiya).

Yeah. It's that capillary thing that usually gets me. Multiple 'touch points' required and the 'dots' usually stay visible. Works well when the finish and the panel line fluid are compatible, but there is, for me, usually an unacceptable finish (Tamiya).

The glossier the coat, the better the capillary action ;)

Question???? One of my last steps is to add an antenna wire. The instructions, nor any of the illustrations, show any? There isn't a post on the tail, but there is a mast behind the cockpit? Would this S/N not have one? Then why the mast?

With Andy. The Spitfire MK.IX had the T.R.1133 or T.R.1143 radio set that was the VHF one. For the reason the antenna wire was dismounted and the correct antenna was the mast. So that's the reason.

Question???? One of my last steps is to add an antenna wire. The instructions, nor any of the illustrations, show any? There isn't a post on the tail, but there is a mast behind the cockpit? Would this S/N not have one? Then why the mast?
The mast served as the antenna so the good news is that you don't need to add any wire.
Ralph.................You lucky man......................... :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back