GB-62 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IXc - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Started abit of the weathering last night , probly start doing some chipping today , gota find a nice aluminium colour to do it with and then start with the oils.
Bloody knocked over my jar of general purpose thinners i use to clean my airbrush last night and it splashed onto my engine covers , so ill have to repaint them . F#%^%k
Weathering looks great and part from strip cleaning your cowlings with a spot of thinners (been there) what method do you use for weathering! :thumbright: :lol:

I'll start with abit of fading of the panels just by using a lighter colour of the paint i used , then ill lightly sand and blend it together so it dosen't look all the same , do some chipping by using the sponge technique and a brush , chipping fluid works well on armor models , then i'll either use enamel or oils to do the panel line and rivet detail , then use oils to do exhaust marks , oil and fuel leaks , do some light splash effects with highly diluted oils , use light mud oil to do dust on the tyres and walk ways , u can mix in some dust pigments with the oil paint and that works pretty good .
Check this guys youtube video's , he does awesome work , mostly armour but u can still use the techniques.

Done some chipping last night , i used the chipping rubber for the first time which i bought like 10 years ago , i used it on the walkway in a circular motion and then used some 3000 grit paper to finish it off , the small chipping i used the backside of my scalpel and lightly chipped the paint away to expose the silver underneath , might have overdone it a bit but once the oils go on it will blend them in abit .

Attachments

• 20240623_215536.jpg
    20240623_215536.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240624_084840.jpg
    20240624_084840.jpg
    867.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240624_093558.jpg
    20240624_093558.jpg
    967.2 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back