GB-62 1/32 Spitfire Mk. VIII - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well after all that fussing, I did find some guidance but I had just overlooked it. Valiant wings Airfarmes and Miniature No 12.
2024-06-09_22-43-03_210.jpeg

All of these have a colors and markings set, though they do go into pretty good detail, you have to hunt and search in this case because it's a UK fighter supplied to the USAAF operation in Italy. The questions comes in with the statement that the aircraft were supplied to the USAAF in the colors for operational area. Did it come from the factory in desert scheme or was it after painted?
2024-06-09_22-38-03_954.jpeg

Anyway for now, I shot the third color. Good thing I came prepared to play.
2024-06-09_22-11-41_153.jpeg

And now, I present the lady in Med Ocean Grey...
2024-06-09_22-25-25_527.jpeg
2024-06-09_22-25-30_812.jpeg

A job for the Granny Clips.
But, where are the flaps?????
In the raised up position.
And what are "granny clips" not heard that one. I've been using alligator clips nigh on fifty years. I occasionally have an issue but not often. If there's anything better I'd be all ears. I have covers for them when need be.

These are "Granny Clips" that have this lovely gentle curve and the spring is not a strong as the Alligator (Crocodile) clips so the jaw tooth part is not biting into the plastic. They also don't slide off the slopes like some other clips do. Hope this helps.

20240612 1.JPG

These clips are on a 1:32 scale horizontal stabilizer, in other words, the tail plane. :lol: :lol:

These are "Granny Clips" that have this lovely gentle curve and the spring is not a strong as the Alligator (Crocodile) clips so the jaw tooth part is not biting into the plastic. They also don't slide off the slopes like some other clips do. Hope this helps.

View attachment 782801
These clips are on a 1:32 scale horizontal stabilizer, in other words, the tail plane. :lol: :lol:
Thanks, I don't believe I've ever seen them but maybe in the hair section.

Sometimes it's a needs must solution but I hate the filling back after. In your case with them just being straight lines on a flat surface I would have soaked an earbud in Acetone and smoothed down and cleaned up the lines before the filler set. Could have saved some filling this way. :thumbright: :lol:

Thanks Vic, I appreciate the feedback. I hadn't thought about doing that before, but in this case most of the "seams" were much more than merely seams. I should maybe have considered using plastic card strips for some and may yet do that. I've not done the mask and putty before so I thought I'd try that this time. I'll keep your suggestion in mind as I keep plenty of 100% acetone fingernail polish remover in my drawer.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back