GB-62 1/32 Spitfire Mk. VIII - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And just for clarity, the correct material name for the composite seats was SRBP or "Synthetic Resin Bonded Paper". The late, great Edgar Brooks went to his grave yelling "NOT BAKELITE!", even though some official documentation calls is that. This doesn't change anything in the answer to your question about the flare racks and seat colour. I too have always painted the "plastic" seats a red/brown colour.
Yes, a Phenolic! :woot:

Cockpit coming along. Under the supervision of my boss.

IMG_5196.jpeg
IMG_5195.jpeg
IMG_5197.jpeg
IMG_5198.jpeg
IMG_5199.jpeg

Something looks off to me. The strut at the top of the 2 frames should be close to horizontal and more perpendicular to the frames in my opinion.
Possibly the angle of the shot as the other two look okay and the seat frame seems to be bedded correctly. Other than that all looks Purrrrrrfect...................................Damn me wheres that bloody coat! :lol::lol::lol:

Something looks off to me. The strut at the top of the 2 frames should be close to horizontal and more perpendicular to the frames in my opinion.
And you were correct, the forward frame (with the seat) was not properly seated. It was correct when I posted the pictures but I used the older pictures. My supervisor pointed this out.

Thanks all, there is still quite a bit to add before she closes up, but it's near ready. Well like the old Memorx commercial "Is it real or is it Memorx" is it real or is it Tamiya. I used the Quinta for the IP, seatbelt, a little bit strewn around the cockpit but mostly I painted the details. It's amazing what 1:32 will do for your eyesight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back