GB-62 1/32 Spitfire Mk. VIII - Spitfires (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fuselage mated

IMG_5237.jpeg

Thank you all.
Fuselage, rudder and tail planes are on. Tamiya had a goofy control setup like Trumpeter likes to use with PE attachments going into a rod glued in-between the two halves of the rudder and the elevators. I had no use for this as there was no repositioning to be done. I just glued them in in neutral position.

Most of the wing is completed as well..
2024-06-08_16-30-12_861.jpeg
2024-06-08_16-30-17_482.jpeg

Test fit of wing to fueslage looks pretty nice.
2024-06-08_16-31-07_102.jpeg

So since I've inherited names starting with "R", Roger Rabbitt here with a short update...

installed the radiator faces in the wing. As I understand it (I think I'm correct) the interior here is the same as the underside of the aircraft. Thus being said,I have shot the interior in the Azure blue.

2024-06-09_12-54-47_551.jpeg
2024-06-09_12-55-29_161.jpeg

My belief is that the inside of the radiator housings would be whatever colour the underside was when it left the factory. If the underside was repainted another colour at an MU or in the field, then it could be argued that the painters would not have bothered to go into the inside of the housings to add the new colour there. So the question becomes, was your bird painted Azure Blue at the factory?

My belief is that the inside of the radiator housings would be whatever colour the underside was when it left the factory. If the underside was repainted another colour at an MU or in the field, then it could be argued that the painters would not have bothered to go into the inside of the housings to add the new colour there. So the question becomes, was your bird painted Azure Blue at the factory?
Ok interesting. Were not all desert camouflage done in the field or were there factory painted birds. If factory than Sky type S?

Yep, with Terry on that.
I appreciate that. Not really being is sound mind, or knowledge on British colors and finding them to be "different " I think have very little information on what schemes and colors are or were used when and where by whom to which whim.

Oh yeah we already mentioned my sound mind.

Thank you gentleman 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back