GB-62 1/32 Spitfire Mk. VIII - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Usually the "bakelite" seat wasn't painted by the manufacturers but it happened the maintenance crews were ordered to paint them with the same colour the cockpit interior was. Generally leaving it of the red-brownish colour of the material it was made of , is more correct.
Thanks

And just for clarity, the correct material name for the composite seats was SRBP or "Synthetic Resin Bonded Paper". The late, great Edgar Brooks went to his grave yelling "NOT BAKELITE!", even though some official documentation calls is that. This doesn't change anything in the answer to your question about the flare racks and seat colour. I too have always painted the "plastic" seats a red/brown colour.

And just for clarity, the correct material name for the composite seats was SRBP or "Synthetic Resin Bonded Paper". The late, great Edgar Brooks went to his grave yelling "NOT BAKELITE!", even though some official documentation calls is that. This doesn't change anything in the answer to your question about the flare racks and seat colour. I too have always painted the "plastic" seats a red/brown colour.
Thank you Andy, not Bakelite, got it.

Boring holes, Even Tamiya doesn't seem to bore the holes all the way through. I doubt I'll do this to everything but that that maybe readily seen.

IMG_5165.jpeg

Picked up some Tamiya Red Brown and Hull Red to test. I selected the red brown as the closest but I my go back and try a mix.
2024-05-28_18-01-19_011.jpeg

The armor plate is a part of the pe fret. I did a light sanding on it and then shot it with a lacquer primer before painting.
IMG_5168.JPG
2024-05-28_18-01-24_631.jpeg

I have those pics in my book but wasn't sure of some were black and other my have been brown

Copied that. According to my notes I wrote down years ago the seat cushion and headrest were made from a very very dark olive green, almost black, Basil leather. So the black seems to be correct.

The shot below seems to confirm that colour. With the angle and light the back padding looks like being of the green tinge. It is the same seat seen as the right one in the shot above.

spt seat5.jpg

My goodness, I go to sleep for a night and you guys have almost written a book. Great info though. Thanks. :thumbright: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back