GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk Vb - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Anyone tried using decals for the yellow on the leading edge of the wings? I may venture in to that "dark area", that and I'm lazy!
tamiya spitfire decals.JPG

I just put the first one on and it works good. May need a little solvaset but so far so good. Can't hurt to try can it?

OK it sat up overnight, I treated it about 4 times with solvaset. There is one area that bugs me, near the outer red cannon patch. Otherwise it is not bad, I still have another brand of setting solution I can experiment with.
MKVB 27.JPG
MKVB 28.JPG

OOOOPPPPSSSSS , should it be "outer red gun patch" and not cannon? Thanks George, I'll try harder on the right wing! LOL.;)

Both sides done with leading edge yellow stripe. The right side came out much better, I have a very small area on the left side where there is a thin gap near the wing tip, decal didn't join up correct but still not a "fatal flaw".
MKVB 29.JPG

You mean chipping from constant exposure to air stream? LOL that sounds feesable! Now for an excuse to the cracked rear canopy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back