GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk Vb - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They're not perfect but they aren't all that bad. I have used LOTS of Tamiya decals and most are thick. These weren't the usual thick ones but not thin like Draw or 26 decals. They were definitely solid in color as I have no "show through". I was surprised at how well they conformed to the curves of the wing, not perfect but good enough to work with.

Why does Tamiya have you put on 2 roundels, one white and one colored? The white bottom one is 18 mm and the colored one on top is 18 mm. I thought maybe it created a thin white outer ring but both roundels are exactly the same diameter? Is it for bleed through of some sort?

If you need some I will not use the last 4 anyways. Two are 18 mm diameter and the other two are 28 mm diameter. You are welcome to them as I will just toss them.

I'll get back to you John. I'm building this one and the stars look the same size. Not sure if the stars were carried on top of the wings, left wing only and was there one under the left wing

1719284138848.png

Thanks Ralph but they ain't perfect, passable and paint would be better but I have a ton of 109s that need attention and this Tamiya build is getting old. Like me!:cool:

I think that is a part of modeling like painting, puttying, wet sanding and decaling. One big happy procedure!!!:rolleyes:

I am about ready to toss the towel in. These POS Tamiya decals have got me beat. I have NEVER had anything like this happen!
IMG_3495.JPG
IMG_3496.JPG
IMG_3497.JPG
IMG_3498.JPG

I threw one of these in the circular file a few years ago. I refuse to finish this POS and will never attempt this gawdawfull kit again, it's cursed me twice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back