GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb(1) - Spitfires (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents. Only did my last four nights this tour due to recovery. Night three brought some nice drama at 0500ish. The muppet commander was taking his last load out to the dam and to be fair, the sun had just crested over the mountain and you are driving right at it. There is a small berm about 20-25ft away from the main berm and this was built to protect a contract drill rig. It has also been there for three weeks so it should not be a surprise. For three days, the commander had already made 90+ trips by it. I think you can see where this is going. The berm is about 3½ft high and 50ft long and was rebuilt before I took the photo. Now imagine 350+tonnes of haul truck hitting this at 55kp/h with the right front and rear duals. He continued for another hundred or so feet before stopping. Surprisingly there was no damage done to the truck.

1720668130827.png

Modellin'. Decals done on the right side. This will go fast as the wing markings are covered. As expected, the codes were slightly different than the band. This aircraft under went a markings change after an accident and before "Starkey" so maybe the new codes were a lighter paint :rolleyes:

IMG_0001.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks all. Little side note here. While looking for something else, I came across this Spitfire markings diagram. I was never aware how the fuselage roundels were properly situated. For those working in 1:48, 53" is 28.0458 mm

1720717814310.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back