GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Vc Trop - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gawd, there's nothing more disappointing than seeing a 3X close-up of my work. The matte coat shows up on these pics as though the model has been sitting in a dusty attic for 20 years. Also, the grey/green looks a lot more olivey in these pics than in reality. I think I'll need to experiment with different backgrounds and lighting setups next time. In any event, the cockpit is now closed up after adding the lap belts and tubing at the u/c selector.

24053002.jpg
24053003.jpg

I then added the rudder pedals, shoulder harness, and frame 12 then glued the tub into the fuselage.

24053001.jpg

That's how she sits now and I should get the halves together tomorrow. Thanks for looking in.

Thanks everyone. Fuselage went together last night and joins the win ready for assembly.

24053102.jpg

No matter how much attention I pay to aligning the parts, I always seem to get an imperfect seam.

24053103.jpg

However, a dry-fit of the wing to the fuselage reveals nothing but good things to come:

24053104.jpg

But before I get to the gluing stage, I've run some surface primer along the seams and will smooth those out first.

24053101.jpg

That'll be it for the week. Maybe Sunday will have something new to show. Thanks for the peek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back