GB-63 1/48 Macchi C.202 "Folgore" - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is also this one, but the Hasegawa in better although in some parts the Tauromodel is more correct. Unfortunately, its plastic is a bit coarse and the assembly is very complex.
I have two boxes

This one

Attachments

• s-l1200_edit_5180678570563.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1
There is also this one, but the Hasegawa in better although in some parts the Tauromodel is more correct. Unfortunately, its plastic is a bit coarse and the assembly is very complex.
I have two boxes

This one
Thanks Berny. I wasn't aware of that one. Can you give me an example of how this kit is more accurate than the Hasegawa? Other than the elevator horn balances that I already fixed, is there something else that needs to be addressed?

Andy, Tauromodel had produced both the 202 and the 205 as they were both very similar. The biggest differences were on the nose of the aircraft. The two kits have more correct dimensions than the Hasegawa which is about 2mm shorter in fuselage.
I made the modification for the 205 but it is still only 2mm and therefore the modification can be avoided. Regarding the wings, you have to pay attention to the trapdoors for the weapons, on the 202 there was only one while on the 205 they became three.

Otherwise the Hasegawa is much better as the plastic is more finished.

The clew marked with the red arrow must be removed

In these drawings the difference on the wings is the absence of the clew on the snout

Attachments

• IMG_2905.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
As I mentioned, I'm keen to give the smoke ring camo a try by freehanding with my airbrush. Best laid plans....

In order to do that, I'm going to paint most of the fuselage and wings before I assemble them together and touch up the joints as a final step. To that end, I started assembling the fuselage halves but will post pics when all that is together. One the wings, I went over the details provided by Berny above along with a few other references and prepared the below pics for what needs to be done to the Hasegawa kit to make it correctly represent the C.202 mid series.

The top is pretty much as Berny said above but there are a couple more details I added. Hasegawa correctly moulded the port wing longer than the starboard per the original aircraft, thank God! :

The underside presents us with a few nitpicks with regard to the size of the midsection access panels and I might just leave those alone, given that I'd have to move the small circular hatches as well, and I hate doing those. Otherwise the fixes are easy.

With those changes identified, I'm going to go ahead and fill the unwanted panel lines and get the wing halves together.

Users who are viewing this thread