GB-63 1/48 Tempest Mk.II - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ralph Haus

Tech Sergeant
Jul 24, 2016
Leander Texas
Username: Ralph Haus
First name: Ralph
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Eduard
Model: 84190
Scale: 1:48

I thought I should enter this GB again. There is, hopefully, enough time to complete with this GB ending 12/1. I may be losing a bit of bench time shortly, but these Eduard kits are a builders dream in how the go together and should not be a labor intensive one allowing me to complete. If not??? There will always be another Zombie competition.

This kit is the 'younger sister' to my previous build. It seems that the Mk.II did not see much WWII action but soldered on as a reliable aircraft for other countries. I am doing the basic build, cockpit and such. while not yet having decided what finish to apply.

Tempest Mk.II Box Art.jpg

However I do have a build question!! The lower wing section has optional mounting details molded in. On the inside, there are blind holes defining the areas that would need to be drilled through, depending if choosing options A or B for mounting rocket hardware. However only option A uses the 3 (per side) rectangular details to mount the aux gas tanks. Should these recesses be filled in if the aux tanks are not used; selecting options B-C or D. Looking at the instruction 'finish' details for the B-C-D options, these recesses ae not showing.

wing molded detail.jpg
Tempest Mk.II Option A mountings.jpg

Tempest Mk.II Option A mounting.jpg
Tempest Mk.II Option B mountings.jpg
Tempest Mk.II Option C-D mountings.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back