GB-63 1/48 Tempest Mk V – Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The colour call-out is for greenish-grey, so I went with something I had to hand (especially as it's so sealed up that it's pretty invisible with the canopy on anyway)- RLM 02.

Grasped. IMHO the colour should be the RAF cockpit green although the discussion on how the cockpit was painted is still open. One says it should be of the black overall while the other claim the silver or like you did the top panels of the black and the bottom area of the green with the grey or silver tubing there. So the RLM 02 isn't the greatest one. I would say the more matching one would be the Sky S-type, perhaps with a drop or two of the grass green. I remind myself a similar discussion where it was said that the EJ693 had the cockpit half black and half green. The firm that was rebuilding the kite finished the cockpit green because they found the black was applied over the green though. So it may indicates that initially the cockpit was of the cockpit green overall. Anyway as you said ... the cockpit interior it's pretty invisible.

Users who are viewing this thread