GB-71 1/48 F-5A - Recon/Transport/Training Aircraft in WWII (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Issues starting right off the bat. I seem to have misplaced a MAJOR component of the conversion. I ordered another but it will take a whil to get here and it was EXPENSIVE coming from GB. Part two I can't find. I was messing with it yesterday and now I can not find it anywhere.

2026-08-30_12-42-15_295.jpeg

2026-08-28_11-26-22_398.jpeg

So with one on the way and one somewhere around here I started with plastic surgery ...

The cut lines are pretty clear.
2026-08-30_12-35-34_134.jpeg

Lower first. I used a piece of embossing label tape to mark my line...
2026-08-30_12-36-13_104.jpeg
2026-08-30_12-37-49_133.jpeg

The upper was at the forward section and was a straight cut.
2026-08-30_12-41-55_469.jpeg


and we are not doing Fievel

1788112779522.png



FOUND IT YIPPEE!!!!
2026-08-30_13-20-25_445.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Ok now to the resin surgery...

cut nose cone sections off first and test fitted them, I mad a slight in cut on the aft cone section but it will clean up.
2026-08-30_13-29-08_028.jpeg
2026-08-30_13-29-40_438.jpeg

Next was the modes to the column, there is a small section in back (towards pilot) that has to be cut out.
2026-08-30_14-29-01_391.jpeg
2026-08-30_14-32-14_963.jpeg

Than you add part four from the CMK resin set.
2026-08-30_14-45-03_707.jpeg
2026-08-30_14-45-12_030.jpeg

Next is the control wheel. This is a different wheel than the kit has.
2026-08-30_14-55-08_301.jpeg

and the conversion is put together. Clean up and alignment still to go.
2026-08-30_15-06-33_151.jpeg
 
I had to take the nose cone off, lots of acetone. It was not aligned correctly. Got it apart and than sanded everything down and reattached. All's good now.
 
Well upper and lower fuselage are together and a test fit of the nose is in order.

Over all I'm going to say not to bad. Had to do a little trimming and filing.

2026-09-20_20-03-03_379.jpeg
2026-09-20_20-03-11_750.jpeg
2026-09-20_20-03-24_029.jpeg

The Tamiya nose weight sets in the nos fine though the seating for it is cut away.
2026-09-20_20-03-39_129.jpeg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back