GB-71 1/48 F-5A - Recon/Transport/Training Aircraft in WWII (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much!


Don, I'm sure you know that the US Haze camo was made by applying of the Haze White paint over the black background initially. The blue one was introduced in 1943 for recce kites. The RAF PRU Blue was used for the kites used over the Europe and the mediterranean region rather. However, from 1943 the camo for the USAAF recce planes was made by applying of the Sky Base Blue overall as the background. Then the Flight Blue was misted on tops in a very ligher way, lighter on fuselage sides and haevier on undersides. Because the way of painting was still difficalt to be done in 1944 the kind of painting was abbandoned and either the RAF PRU Blue paint was used or a plane was left unpainted. As the Sky Base Blue you may use the FS15102, ANA 501 Light Blue. Hataka offers the paint as HTK-C220 True Blue or HTK-A220 True Blue.

usprblue.jpg
 
Wojtech, yes I was reading the paint type and process of application in my reference book. The conversion kit called for the dark haze blue over light haze blue and I'm not completely sure where the subject markings were in operation from. I can't seem to find much in markings save for what came in the CMK conversion kit. Otherwise I'd just shoot PRU blue. I have True Blue and I have a bottle of AK 35190. And more Vallejo PRU than I know what to do with so I think I'll get it done.

Thanks again
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back