GB-71 1/48 Tiger Moth - Recon/Transport/Training Aircraft WWII

Jock Tamson

Staff Sergeant
1,233
1,096
Joined
Jan 14, 2019
Location
Scotland
Username: Jock Tamson
First name: Greg
Category: Intermediate
Manufacturer: Airfix
Scale: 1/48
Extras: rigging

Here's my entry for the GB Airfix 's Tiger Moth in 1/48

IMG_20260804_101849.jpg


IMG_20260804_101821.jpg


IMG_20260804_101906.jpg


This was acquired the other day. I've wanted to try a bi-plane for a while so have settled for this one. A bit of forward planning will be required in respect of painting and attaching the bracing or rigging wires, which I'll make from stretched sprue.

I'm finishing off a couple of other builds first so will be cutting plastic on this one shortly.

Cheers Greg 👍
 
Neato
 
Thanks for looking in!

And so it begins....

IMG_20260811_173515.jpg


IMG_20260811_173535.jpg


Starts in the cockpit as per. Quite nice details. I'm posing the crew access doors open and in the photo you can see I've removed the front cockpit door already. I have test fitted the cockpit floor and seats in the fuse and it's a tight fit even with some sanding and all the excess paint removed.

More as it happens.

Cheers Greg 👍
 
:thumbright:
 
Nice work. Wish they made a Canadian version.
Pavla did in 1:72 Andy. I'm sure a 1:48 conversion set will come along too, now that Airfix have made a 1:48 kit.

(Nice work so far Greg!)
 
A bit more done....

IMG_20260813_121439.jpg


IMG_20260813_121658.jpg


IMG_20260813_121724.jpg


Fuselage buttoned up 😀. You can see Airfix have provided some engine details which is another half way house arrangement similar to their 1/48 Bf 109E kits. I'll see what it looks like once the surrounding cowlings are attached before I decide whether to pose the cover open or closed. All good fun so far.

Cheers Greg 👍
 
Coming along, nicely
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back