GB-71 1/72 Spitfire - Recon/Transport/Training in WWII (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I dug through all my British markings and kits to access what I could use.
decal1.jpg

I was able to source everything with reasonable accuracy including the correct size F from my Hellcat build;.except for the serial which is PS852 in white. I have some black serials that will be fine for me for this build. The Thai serials are not very far off but they are the least like the font that would have been used. 💢
decal2.jpg

I really appreciate the offer, but I am fine with the black serials.
 
Thanks A4K A4K but I'm going to fudge my way through the Italian scheme. I bought SPECIAL PRU for this build as it's always that color in my mind. Besides, as Admin of the GB, I would have to rule against them because they are post war. Crimea_River Crimea_River , interesting suggestion but I'd be too afraid that the little black dots would show as a different tone.
 
Thanks A4K A4K but I'm going to fudge my way through the Italian scheme. I bought SPECIAL PRU for this build as it's always that color in my mind. Besides, as Admin of the GB, I would have to rule against them because they are post war. Crimea_River Crimea_River , interesting suggestion but I'd be too afraid that the little black dots would show as a different tone.
That's hilarious, I looked at the serial, but forgot it was meant to be for a WW2 timeframe :)
I've got those White RAF 4" serial letters and numbers anyway, so give us a yell if ya get stuck.
 
I just finished getting the decals on and it does look the part.
decal3.jpg
At the last seconds before committing to the black serials; I took one last look to see if there was anything in a smaller size. I found a marking in white that I could cut up to make a serial. In keeping with the fudge theme of this A/C; I decided to use a stencil sheet for a Mk IX. Not completely accurate but adds quite a bit of character. Well, the fin flash is a little oversize. :rolleyes:

I figured out why the fin flash ended up so large. If you go back, the profile (which I spent most of my time looking at) has a large flash; the photo has the small. LOOK AT PHTOS FOR CONFORMATION.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back