GB24 Question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good one Karl.

I have a scheme in mind for my MkII Hurricane but need to locate some reasonably priced decals.

I would be interested to know if there was any unit equipped with Dornier Do 217 m1

Hi destrozas

From what I read most of the Do 217M-1's went to KG 2 which from what I know never flew in the middle east theator. I do know that III/KG 100 flew some Do-217 K-2's in the Med and North Africa.

All the best
Paul

Less than 24 hours till this one starts and it looks as if there will be plenty of good kites with many more to come I am sure.

Have fun one and all,

Jeff

Hello. allowed to participate (Italeri 2719 Bf 109 G-6 ''Italian Aces'') ? I'm interested in Mario Bellagambi's aircraft .

2719.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the beast I want to portray though I'm not sure which markings. It all depends if I can find the proper fuselage roundels...

0-Macchi-MC200-Saetta-157-Gruppo-Autonomo-MM5815-captured-RAF-Sicily-1943-0A.jpg

MC200_4f.jpg

...won't start it until I get my GB23 F-2 together.

Geo

Last edited:
Undoubtedly the bottom emblem is of the 86th FS, the 79thg FG. So .. it's of the US. But the one above, seems to be another version of the 86th FS emblem.

Last edited:
Thanks Wojtek. I think I have the squadron markings for the top profile I posted which is also 79thFG but the squadron badge on the bottom profile matches your photo showing the badge on the starboard side only unless there was more than one C.200 captured.

Geo

Both images of the US Mc.200 no.357 show the same kite. The difference could be the time these were taken. Also it cannot be excluded the emblem was painted at the starboard only. However I would follow the bottom emblem on both sides of the fuselage or just on the starboard only.

The roundels in the picture are even more crude than the one in the profile. The width of the blue and white rings are not the same whereas in the profiel they are. A tricky one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back