GB24 Question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hello,
As soon as I finished my MS406, I hope to participate in the GB24. I have several options:
Spitfire Vb N. F. Duke, Kittyhawk III B. Drake, Fiat CR.42 F. bordoni-Bisleri, Macchi C.200 F. Lucchini and some others...
I think it will be Kittyhawk III
See you soon in the GB24 :)

Hey I want to join this one too and thinking along the same lines as Cory, throwing in my 1/32 BF109F-4 but maybe something in 1/48 scale.
My only concern is I won't finish in time like the last one.......drumming fingers on desk.

Is it to late to get in on this GB? I have two martin bombers in 1/72 scale. I just have to find what box they are packed in.

DBII

I'm looking at a potential second entry, a P-38 Lightning but I know relatively little about the type. I have an Academy P-38E in the stash which I understand had a production of a little over 200 and which were definitely used in the Aleutians. I have found only one reference of an E being used in the MTO and several references show F's and H's which I understand could be readily converted from an E kit. Here are my questions/needs:

- Confirm conversion from an E to F. I know of the nose mounted pitot tube moving to the wing on the F and some aileron trim tabs apparently to be added but nothing more.

- What conversions would be needed for an H?

- Suggested available decals for an E, F, or H. The othe day I messed out on a Skymodels sheet (48-048) on E-Bay that would have had a nice F scheme but have found not much else out there.

Just quickly went through the "in Action" book Andy and the first changes I found were a different canopy opening, strengthened center section to carry fuel or bombs, more powerful engines and from the -15 onwards, a "combat flap". If you want I can check out the F-4, the photo version of the E and see what could be done with your model.

Geo

Here's your bird...

andy.jpg

...and here's your decals...1/48 P38 Happy Jacks Go Buggy, Texas Terror/Mad Dash (wbs148073) Warbird Plastic Model Aircraft Decals

Geo

A nice profile of the Texas Terror can be found in a book of Kagero series "Air Battles " vol.11 and titled "Lightnings of the 12th AF USAAF"

big_BL11_Lightning_POL.jpg

big_kolor1.jpg

Last edited:
I've found a photo matching Wojtek's profile in "P-38 Lightning Aces of the ETO/MTO" showing the nose and tail section and what we've posted may be an F-1 as stated in said photo and the serial matches up with the last batch of F-1s made. Sorry about that. I've got quite a few more books to look through.

Geo

EDIT: ....I've found a photo of his J so forget about the decals, it's a mish-mash of his E/F and J models...sigh

Last edited:
I would like to build a French Martin Maryland bomber stationed in Sryia, in 1942. I have not been able to locate any blue grey of dark blue grey paint. Spruce brothers only had the dark green and brown. Any suggestions? DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back