Gday to all (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mungo60

Airman
Jun 17, 2017
NW of YWLM
Just like to introduce myself and say hello, I stumbled onto this very interesting and knowledgeable site chasing various pieces of info from the www in the process of finding "stuff" for my texturing hobby ( making Aircraft skins) for Digital Combat Simulators ( a sort of niche study sim a bit above the "game" type of computer games), im not really a geek, i just like the therapeutic value in making textures. Anyway im glad you allowed me to join, im usually rather quiet and promise not to bother anyone.

Regards

Mark

Heres an example of my latest:

CROC V6 02.png

Welcome to the site. :wave:

A note though. It seems the spinner had the three strips ( bands ) Unless I'm wrong and it is his another kite...

Spitfire-LFVIII-RAAF-CRC-Clive-Caldwell-A58-484-Mortotai-PNG-1945-01.jpg

Thanks fella's for the welcome ! Especially AT6 !

@ Wurger, yes your correct about the spinner, but at the moment the animation of this model the "bands" will not look straight when the "fan" is spinning due to an imbalance with its spinning motion animation ( when its stopped it works). So i have made as best as i can till the layer is fixed which should happen in the future. Caldwell also had two spits in the Pacific, and this is the one he flew less. I think the one shown below was his favourite and what he flew the most in the Pacific. He also hated the nick name "Killer" which some called him.

Also the model i have textured for is an IX, but Caldwells Spits where VIII's.

Im working on this one at the moment.

Caldwells Main Spit.png

Last edited:
Thx Airframes , i was probably typing without my specs, Il fix it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back