Gene Simmons

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm in total agreement on that, Matt. Phenomenal music and fantastic lyrics.

I just watched the whole episode. I catch them now and again and have been impressed by Gene. One thing he said when he visited the recovering soldiers was that what he does is unimportant next to what they do, and he was choked up as he said it. This episode was a tough one to watch, being a Jew.

Gene is kind of eccentric and quirky, but we all are in our own ways. Being an immigrant with nothing to where he is today is a great American success story. He is one of the few in rock and roll I would actually not mind my children looking up to.

I saw the episode the other day and was shocked to learn Gene's family history. He had hid it so well, even on the show, that it never crossed my mind that he was Jewish or that his mother spent time in a concentration camp. I gained a lot of respect for him and his achievements that I didn't have before I saw the episode. It was also a tough episode for me to watch.

He's not married to Shannon BTW, They are "happily unmarried" as he puts it. ;)

Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back