Gene Simmons

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

RabidAlien

1st Lieutenant
Apr 27, 2008
Hurst, Texas
My wife watches "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels" on a regular basis. I watch nothing on a regular basis. However, she had it on this evening when I walked through the livingroom, and I heard Gene mention something about Anne Frank. So, of course, I stopped and watched. Found out that he is Jewish, was born in Israel, and his mom went through a concentration camp at about the same time/age as Anne Frank. Okay, so I was sucked into the rest of the episode. Say what you will about the man, his lifestyle, his music, etc, but you just gotta respect him for this one.

http://www.aetv.com/gene-simmons-family-jewels/episode-guide/ Season 5, episode 117/118...unfortunately, they only have a 2-minute clip on here.

Outside of this one episode, I'd have to agree with all of the above. He's a guy tryin to get ahead in the world, making some rather odd choices....but I have to respect his position regarding the Holocaust.

He seems like an ok guy to me and his kids seem pretty decent too. His mind is always on making the next dollar, which is a bit wacky to me, but he could be worse....alot worse. I read somewhere that his son, Nick, actually has some talent in singing and his band, but I've never heard him.

I think we sometimes confuse the public persona with reality. That having been said when you wear your public persona often enough and long enough it tend to become true and the real you disappears. I never watch this but to me this is like any other "reality" show. How real is anyone with a camera pointed at their nose.

I have seen several episodes of that show, and he does quite a bit for our troops. He agreed to be the man of the hour Comedy Central Roast, but only on the agreement that all the proceeds go to the U.S.O. IIRC. Seen several episodes where he visited a military hospital in one episode I believe.

Oooooo, double post. Sorry Matt! :)

You bastard. Never let that happen again. Never. :lol:

Personally I have to admire Gene. He's rock's Donald Trump. He's marketed the Kiss moniker on everything from dildos to coffins... and made a sheepload of money doing it.

Go Kiss Army! :rolleyes:

I guess I live on another planet. I actually had to Google Gene Simmons to find out
just who you guys were talking about.

"Simmons was born Chaim Witz [‏Hebrew: חיים ויץ‎, pronounced /ˈxɑːjɪm/] in Tirat Carmel, Haifa, Israel in 1949, and immigrated to Jackson Heights, Queens in New York City at the age of eight, with his mother Flóra Klein — a Jewish-Hungarian immigrant (who was born in Jánd, a village in Hungary). Florence and her brother, Larry Klein, were the only two members of her family to survive the Holocaust. His Hungarian-born father, Feri Witz, did not accompany them to the U.S. After arriving in the U.S., young Chaim Witz took the name Eugene Klein (later Gene Klein), Klein being his mother's maiden name. In the late 1960s, he changed his name to Gene Simmons, after legendary rockabilly performer Jumpin' Gene Simmons."

This from Wiki

Charles

Always liked the man (and group). He's a heck of a business man, doesn't do drugs or drink alcohol. One episode he daughter was crying about something and he told the camera crew to turn it off. Gotta respect him for that.

I was pleased to see he"s not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
But the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is crap anyhow , when bands like Bon Jovi, Run DMC , Blondie and Madonna are in it and Rush isn't

Me HATES the rock and roll hall of fame. Me hates its.

But to not have Kiss in there? Reeeallly? Kiss is not in there?

And don't start me on Rush. Lakeside Park in and of its own should give Rush Rock God status as far as I am concerned.

And The Trees. That is poetry that will go down in the annals of time of perhaps the most emotional poetry of human society interaction set to kingdom/phylums. Truly wonderful musically and cerebrally deep intellectually.

There is a reason that Neil Peart got his doctorate in English. He's a master not only in drumming, but also in song writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back