Georgia and Russia at war.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

y
You make comments like that... Bill O'Reilly is not a comedic news spoof or whatever you'd want to categorize Stewart's partisan vomit show. Sure Bill O'Reilly leans to the right, but he doesn't take the republican party agenda hook, line, and sinker. Also, he'll be just as quick to criticize the GOP as the democratic party for policies he disagrees with. To compare the two is not even close to reality even if you can't stand O'Reilly.

The reason the left hates him so much is largely because he is so successful and his ratings destroy all of their competition.
Sorry to disagree I dislike him like you dislike Stewart for reasons very similar except Fox viewers believed his crap and to this day 7 years later the crap he spewed is still believed by some

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbX-2X7_h-M

Pb, O'Reilly was not talking about nation trade. He was referring to tourism. Which had hit France in the shorts a few years ago.

As much as you dislike O'Reilly (and I join you, just not in the degree), he is not Jon Stewart of Comedy Central. And to make the comparison is silly you must admit. The one thing that I do admire about O'Reilly is he gives it to both sides. He is a conservative, but he is not a Republican Party talking horse. That he can never be accused of.

Pb, O'Reilly was not talking about nation trade. He was referring to tourism. Which had hit France in the shorts a few years ago.

As much as you dislike O'Reilly (and I join you, just not in the degree), he is not Jon Stewart of Comedy Central. And to make the comparison is silly you must admit. The one thing that I do admire about O'Reilly is he gives it to both sides. He is a conservative, but he is not a Republican Party talking horse. That he can never be accused of.
He seems to jump at innuendo rather then vetting his sources

With Georgia almost having been admitted into NATO and the agreements to provide defense for NATO protectorates, what is the European reaction about Georgia. NATO would be in the thick of it right now if the decision were differently. Russia vs NATO? Oh man what a mess that would be.

i think it might end up UN and NATO vs russia and it would still be a mess

I've been watching CBC News for many years and never seen anything like that. Is this a hidden form of censorship?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtdVS8646GI

And few days earlier a Fox News host trying to interrupt an interview of a 12-year old ossetian girl and her aunt when their story got slightly out of his guidelines:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XI2Chc6uQ

Then, I'm watching Glenn Beck's show on August 19th (I like this guy, his sense of humor and sarcasm) and Glenn calls russian invasion of Georgia operation "Clean Field" translated as "scorched land" saying that Russia's goal in this conflict was extermination of all Georgians :shock: :shock: :shock: etc... when everyone knows that "Clean Field" was in fact georgian code name for their attack on South Ossetia on August 8th in an attempt to drive Ossetians out of their homeland to the north which in other words would be called "ethnic cleansing"
Why does he need to twist facts so badly? Does he believe his viewers are so dumb stupid?
Why western mainstream media is so scared of the truth?

While I agree that Russia was more than likely correct in what they did, and in that I support Russia, my question to you is this:

You claim that the US news sources are biased and crap and twist the facts. Do you think that the Russian news sources do the same when it comes to reporting news on the US or West? Do you think that that Russian news sources are biased as well, or do you really think they are perfect and tell nothing but the truth?

Please be honest with us here...

I am really looking foward to your response. Please tell us what you think.

The question is not about russian news sources.
There is no freedom of speech in Russia by default, you know. Russian media are corrupt, goverment controlled, anti-west biased, distributing solely Putin's propaganda etc
The question is why free and independent western press is now manipulating public opinion in such primitive ways. Is that what russian journalists need to learn from you?

The question is not about russian news sources.
There is no freedom of speech in Russia by default, you know. Russian media are corrupt, goverment controlled, anti-west biased, distributing solely Putin's propaganda etc
The question is why free and independent western press is now manipulating public opinion in such primitive ways. Is that what russian journalists need to learn from you?

1. You just answered that question yourself. It is called Freedom of Speech. Maybe one day you will actually get to see what it is like.

2. Stop kidding yourself into thinking that all media in the west is like that. It is really getting very very very old...

from bbc.co.uk :

Russian MPs back Georgia's rebels

Both houses of Russia's parliament have urged the president to recognise the independence of Georgia's breakaway regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.

BBC NEWS | Europe | Russian MPs back Georgia's rebels

question : if is the will of majority of those people in their regions be independent of georgia, what could be the nato´s position over that and would u.n. recognize their independence ?

Mr Putin believes US citizens were in the area of conflict
The US has dismissed as "patently false" accusations by Russia that it helped provoke the conflict in Georgia for domestic political reasons.

Russian forces subsequently launched a counter-attack and the conflict ended with the ejection of Georgian troops from both South Ossetia and another rebel region, Abkhazia, and an EU-brokered ceasefire.

Diplomatic wrangling

Mr Putin said in the US television network interview: "The fact is that US citizens were indeed in the area in conflict during the hostilities.

"It should be admitted that they would do so only following direct orders from their leaders."

Mr Putin added: "The American side in effect armed and trained the Georgian army.

"Why... seek a difficult compromise solution in the peacekeeping process? It is easier to arm one of the sides and provoke it into killing another side. And the job is done.

"The suspicion arises that someone in the United States especially created this conflict with the aim of making the situation more tense and creating a competitive advantage for one of the candidates fighting for the post of US president," he said.

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino rejected the allegation.

"To suggest that the United States orchestrated this on behalf of a political candidate - it sounds not rational," she said.

"Those claims first and foremost are patently false, but it also sounds like his defence officials who said they believed this to be true are giving him really bad advice."

Diplomatic wrangling over Russia's actions in Georgia continued on Thursday with the Georgian parliament urging its government to cut diplomatic ties with Moscow.

Earlier, French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner suggested some EU countries were considering sanctions against Russia.

Mr Kouchner insisted France had made no proposals for sanctions itself but, as current president of the EU, would aim to get consensus among all 27 countries of the bloc if sanctions were envisaged.

France has called an emergency EU summit on Monday to reassess relations with Russia.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov described talk of sanctions as the working of "a sick imagination".

Such talk was an emotional response that demonstrated Western confusion over the situation, he said.

The US has said it is now considering scrapping a US-Russia civilian nuclear co-operation pact in response to the conflict.

The White House has also announced that up to $5.75m (£3.1m) will be freed to help Georgia meet "unexpected and urgent refugee and migration needs".

'Specious'

Late on Thursday, the UN held an open meeting to discuss the situation in Georgia but it descended into an angry exchange.

Russian ambassador to the UN, Vitaly Churkin, launched a scathing attack on some council members.

He questioned their criticism of the use of force, asking the US representative: "Did you find any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?"

He compared council members' defence of the territorial integrity of states with what he said was a failure to do so for Serbia over Kosovo.

US deputy ambassador Alejandro Wolff said such "specious comparisons cannot detract from the facts before us".

He said Russia had invaded Georgia and was "dismembering" Georgia.

Irakli Alasania, Georgia's ambassador to the UN, said Russia's actions were "all pre-planned".

He called for swift humanitarian aid and a UN presence in upper Abkhazia.

Requests for representatives of South Ossetia and Abkhazia to participate in the formal council meeting were rejected.

Mr Putin believes US citizens were in the area of conflict

Mr Putin said in the US television network interview: "The fact is that US citizens were indeed in the area in conflict during the hostilities.

Mr Putin added: "The American side in effect armed and trained the Georgian army.

The world knows there were US citizens in Georgia. Hell, some of them sided with Ossetia for Godsake!!!

Georgia has been seeking NATO entrance. There are qualifications for entrance into NATO.

Whomever found these gems is Master of the Bleedin' Obvious.

What a stupid accusation by Putin. Eveyrone knows there were US citizen in Georgia.

There were about 1000 US soldiers in Georgia at the time. 2 were at the airport that was bombed (thank god they were not hurt, I would hate to see what would have happend then.).

Putin is just ruffeling his feathers and in my opinion ruining his credibility even more. Every day the KGB Communist in him comes out more and more. He is just showing his true color. RED

putin-officer-kgb.jpg

What a stupid accusation by Putin. Eveyrone knows there were US citizen in Georgia.
I believe he just wants to prevent the McCains victory by any means possible. That would have some catastrophic effects to the Russ-American relations.
Putin is just ruffeling his feathers and in my opinion ruining his credibility even more. Every day the KGB Communist in him comes out more and more. He is just showing his true color. RED
[/IMG]

it's not about his personal mentality ,which is rather cold blooded rational than nationalst or communist irrational, it's about Russia which clearly turns its back to the West since the West has made its choice as well. So no wonder such statements are made by him. If McCain gets elected, we'll hear much more of that in the future, from the both sides.

i think the great differential here is the europe. as a brazilian and south american, i know my country and my continent have a lot of issues and weakness, but i just cant believe how the european leaders could be so subordinated to usa.

i dont know if kruska, v2, seesul and other would agree or strongly disagree, but i think if e.u. could have a more independent position over this issue, maybe the situation wouldnt go too far as we see.

ramirezzz, i was convicted that mccain would win, but after i read the speech of obama i think the democrats will win that one easy. he said that he wants incentivate with tax reduction only the american enterprises that creates new jobs inside country. they dont care about foreign policy, they want know about economy.

i think thats enough to win the ellections, even if republicans puts cicciolina or madonna as vice, mccain couldnt beat that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back