Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. Jean Batten & her Percival Gull
369.jpg

...don't be so picky. If you don't like the pic so much, post one of your own. :mad:
Well at least you had a picture available. I saw some impressive flybys in the Nav. They were fairly frequent back then if you lived on a fighter base and there was a war going on, but unfortunately I have no surviving photos.
Cheers,
Wes

FWIW, I pulled that image off of Google Images. the caption said it was the missing man formation. It was the best example I could find that used WWII era aircraft.
If you don't like it, I'm sorry. Maybe you can google "missing man formation WWII aircraft" and locate a better one.

FWIW, I pulled that image off of Google Images. the caption said it was the missing man formation. It was the best example I could find that used WWII era aircraft.
If you don't like it, I'm sorry. Maybe you can google "missing man formation WWII aircraft" and locate a better one.
Not that big a deal. I was just being tongue-in-cheek snide and I guess I missed the mark. Sorry.
On closer inspection, that isn't even a WWII flyby after all. There's several million dollars worth of restored warbirds there. If I owned one of those babies, I don't think I'd fly a very tight formation either.
Cheers,
Wes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back