Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
1562464249642.png

I'll be honest, it isn't.
I googled a general heading that I got the other pics from and that little girl was like the 4th picture that showed up in Images.
I was a bit appalled myself and wasn't going to post it, but then thought it might make for a funny joke, if presented correctly....and that's how it was intended....as a joke, so let's not try to turn it into something else, shall we?

Inspector Nicholson
_Spotlight_P38_Inspector.jpg

Assembly Inspector Claire Nicholson checks an engine nacelle of a P-38 Lightning at the Lockheed Aircraft plant in Burbank, California, circa 1942, while mechanic Albert Knudson works in the cockpit. By June of 1943, employment at Lockheed's Burbank plant reaches 94,000 and nearly 35,000 — close to forty percent — are women. "Rosie the Riveter," the generic term for the women from all walks of life who came to the factory during World War II. Various sources say the term was coined by Lockheed or Consoliddated Aircraft Company officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back