Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly a marshal, or more likely runway / taxi track inspection or similar, hence the blister, so the driver can look down to the side. It might even tow a 'road sweeper' fitting.

KG means Kampfgruppe or bomber sqr. Propaganda shots like these are not un common. Junker Ju87 pilot talking a beautiful woman on wing.
IMHO KG means Kampfgeschwader (Geschwader is approx. the same as a Bomber Wing). Kampfgruppe is a smaller unit and the abbreviation is KGr.
Judging by the emblem (the eagle has white background) this is I./KG 30 (First Group of Kampgeschwader 30). KG 30 was also known as the "Adler Geschwader".
The emblems of KG 30 have been shown in one of the older threads: GB 23 Winter War Eastern Front WWII-Allied or Axis, post #63.

BOGUS! Too clean, stylish, and unruffled to be working the assembly line. Pin-up wannabe? Doesn't have the "feel" of an authentic wartime photograph. Color's a little too perfect for early 40s color film. Modern re-enactment?
There was series of these made early war. Kodak Chrome. Like the b25, b17 production line in colour etc. So this one is a part of it. It is a periode picture. Quite a few are poster here.

There was series of these made early war. Kodak Chrome. Like the b25, b17 production line in colour etc. So this one is a part of it. It is a periode picture. Quite a few are poster here.
I've seen the Life Magazine B17, B25, and P40 series, and a bunch of P39, SBD, and B24 assembly line pics as well. Those were my frame of reference for saying this doesn't "feel" authentic. It's too "posed".
Despite constant cleaning, the assembly line is a dirty, messy, hazardous place, and no one comes to work dressed like that. I used to take a shower as soon as I got home to get the aluminum flakes out of my hair and all body crevices.

Is this her again? The 8th frame down with her back to the camera but with a different coat on?
They all look authentic to me Wes.

Kodachrome Mythmaking | Richard Pendavingh

"With hindsight these images seem to be a crude attempt at creating a national myth about equality, modernisation or patriotism but for for a great number of people at the time I can imagine this depiction seemed compelling and honest."

Yes but i guess you are a leap and a bound from a pretty lady,

Look

October 1942. Engine installers at Douglas Aircraft in Long Beach, California. 4×5 Kodachrome transparency by Alfred Palmer.

February 1943. Working on the horizontal stabilizer of a "Vengeance" dive bomber at the Consolidated-Vultee plant in Nashville. 4×5 Kodachrome transparency by Alfred Palmer for the Office of War Information.

And the prettiest girl i ever did see.

Amazingly clean. And I cant put pressure in my tires without getting my hands dirty...

Is this her again? The 8th frame down with her back to the camera, and a different coat on?
That's her alright, sans coveralls, sans headscarf, sans eye protection, and spotless, to boot. Unbelievable! Unreal. I volunteer to help her deal with her "metalflake" issue!
"The shower's right over here, Babe, come on in!"
Cheers,
Wes

BOGUS! Too clean, stylish, and unruffled to be working the assembly line. Pin-up wannabe? Doesn't have the "feel" of an authentic wartime photograph. Color's a little too perfect for early 40s color film. Modern re-enactment?
IIRC, that's a crop of a bigger shot. Taken '43? '44?
She was some kind of manager, thus the "neater" look.
I posted the whole pic about 100 pages ago.
Look back if you're curious.

Elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread