Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very staged. "Okay sweetie, drape these 20mm shells over your shoulders. Yeah OK they are heavy, can we cut the belt? Now, leg up on the Jerry can and look serious....attagirl."
Do you think ANY of these photos aren't staged?

I am quite sure this one was wasn't. Obviously just a typical USN air traffic controller in the late 1940's. And she dresses like that for work Every Friggin' Day.

GirlinTower3.jpg

I am quite sure this one was wasn't. Obviously just a typical USN air traffic controller in the late 1940's. And she dresses like that for work Every Friggin' Day.
1692779743998.png
Ah yes, the mysterious model that looks familiar to everyone, but no one can remember her name.
With those kinds of talents, she'd make a good spy.
This was part of a collection of pictures taken in this control tower.

Note that the aircraft on the ramp are PB4Y-2, apparently early P2V Neptune, C-54, F4U-4, F9F Panther or Cougar, and probably Grumman F6F or TBM. So date would be the late 40's to early 50's. As to which base, maybe Pt Mugu. That line of trees in the background looks rather like the way they did things in California

Looks like a Martin Mercator in the 3rd row...
Yes, that is what I thought at first. But it seems that the Martin had a longer nose than the Lockheed.

If those are F6F's 6 rows back they might be the drones they used for missile development work. And the USN Reserves flew them for a while, too.

You see that box she is leaning against in the shot with the Binocs, the one with the speaker? It has two Tuning Eye tubes, which are used to make sure the equipment is aligned; they are little cathode ray tubes.

Note that the aircraft on the ramp are PB4Y-2, apparently early P2V Neptune, C-54, F4U-4, F9F Panther or Cougar, and probably Grumman F6F or TBM. So date would be the late 40's to early 50's. As to which base, maybe Pt Mugu. That line of trees in the background looks rather like the way they did things in California
What trees, what aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back