Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

girl.jpg

Plant I work in, used to have a large harness shop that was staffed mostly by women. If you were male, single and under 40, you took your life in your hands to go up there if you had any business. Let's say that you were much safer in a strip club....
And yet I'm intrigued.
On a darker side long ago I had a friend whose younger brother was mentally handicapped, but very handsome. The holiday resort had several real estate conventions or such and was packed with females. They would bring the poor (age 17 or so) boy to their rooms then just put him out and he couldn't find his way back. They had to advise all the staff about him so they could bring him back to his family. More than once a day.

A friend years ago finally found an apartment near MSY (NO international) close to his work. A few weeks later, he asked me again to keep a lookout for an apartment. When I asked why, he said he needed the sleep. Turns out the 28 apartment complex was all but two occupied by stews, often two or three (shifts/flights variable) and when they came in at two or three in the AM they would knock on his door. He agreed it was nice at first but when it began to effect his work, a change was needed.

A friend years ago finally found an apartment near MSY (NO international) close to his work. A few weeks later, he asked me again to keep a lookout for an apartment. When I asked why, he said he needed the sleep. Turns out the 28 apartment complex was all but two occupied by stews, often two or three (shifts/flights variable) and when they came in at two or three in the AM they would knock on his door. He agreed it was nice at first but when it began to effect his work, a change was needed.

That man had more discipline than I ever had. I would have asked for time off, lived a healthy life to maintain maximum energy, gotten fired, borrowed money to keep paying that rent.

When I first got o the LA area in 1978 I lived across the hall from a United Airlines Stewardess. Imagine Reese Witherspoon, but a bit cuter, with Pamela Sue Anderson's Baywatch body. Her name was Rusty, and I presume that was a nickname, since she was a natural strawberry blonde. The apartments featured a center hallway with hallways leading off it to two apartments which were mirror images of each other, with doors that faced each other, maybe 3 ft apart. If you opened both doors - which we did, often, since the place had no air conditioning but usually had a strong sea breeze - it was like one big apartment. You knew what the other person was doing, what they were wearing, etc..

One Saturday afternoon I was building a bookcase headboard in my living room when Rusty ran over, yelling "Help!" She was getting ready for a date and was wearing a white Danskin, a one piece leotard that left her arms and legs bare and left nothing to the imagination on her torso, no bra. Eventually she would put on a skirt, but had not yet donned it. When a girl who looks like that, dressed like that runs into your place yelling Help there is no thought process involved. I ran into her apartment.

Turned out she had wanted to wash some dishes but had no dishwasher detergent and so used liquid Joy. She had a pile of suds in her kitchen the size of a Laz-Z-Boy chair, apparently on the way down from a pile the size of a VW Bug. She got down on her hands and knees with a towel and started trying to wipe it up.

Okay, so now the white Danskin is WET. There is a reason why bars hold wet t-shirt contests and not wet Danskin contests.

I gaped and she asked me what we could do. I responded that I could get my camera and take pictures of everything. She said, "I thought this kind of things only happened in the movies." I replied, "Yes, in fact this looks like something out of a Doris Day picture." She replied, "This DOES look like a Doris Day picture!"

She put on her skirt and heels, got out a mop and finished cleaning off the floor. And I had thought those commercials with girls who looked like that dressed like that cheerfully mopping away was pure Hollywood fiction!

I really should have taken pictures. But my Yashica 35MM camera was pretty new and I did not want to get it smashed over my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back