Got a FANTASTIC surprise today

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

good ol 909 been through her 3 times, always pure joy my wife and daughter/son really ate this all up and with former bomber crew vets getting around here and there telling stories of their marked positions to their own kids and grand and great grand kids...........unforgettable.

How many of us have done that and gotten strange looks from the wifey and kids! :)Cool stuff Thor!

This reminds me of a gag I pulled on the Mrs. a few years ago. Back then we lived in Plymouth, a northwestern suburb of Minneapolis, MN. Aircraft heading into "Minnie" flew over all the time. Well, one afternoon we were at the local nursery looking for shrubs. I should say the wife was looking while I was holding and trying to amuse our then two year old grand daughter. We were standing several yards away from the wife and I was pointing at airplanes and saying "Luci what's that?" and she would point and yell "AIRPLANE!!" Then I said "Can you say DC-9?" and she did. We practiced a couple of times and then I waited for the right moment when a DC-9 was coming and I walked over to the wife and said "Watch this Honey. Hey Luci, what's that coming?" And Luci pointed and yelled "AIRPLANE!" The wife gave me "The Look" because she thinks one Plane Nut in the family is enough. But then I asked Luci "What kind is it? And Luci yelled out "It's a DC-9 pa-pa" The look on my wife's face was priceless! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quite a treat!

I've run out of the house many times to the magical sounds of a warbird droning through the air!

cool!

Done this many times. The two best outdoor dashes gave me a sight of a B-17 and B-24 flying formation heading toward Torrance airfield. The second was seeing a Do-24 going by to land off San Pedro. Beautiful.

That is bloody awesome Thorlifter, thanks so much for the pictures! :D:D

* I will get to the US, I will get to the US * nup worked for judy Garland but not for me, maybe its cause i dont have red shows.

Just gotta save up instead :lol:

I guess I'm pretty lucky. The B-17 and B-24 have been flying directly over my house all weekend. I didn't see the TP-51 flying, but my wife did. She also said the next time they come back in the fall, if we have the $$, I can ride in the TP-51. Lucky me, Lucky me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back