Great Kit for providing Lighting To Your Model (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Robert Porter

Senior Master Sergeant
Found this little beauty on YouTube. You can go to the manufacturers website here: Welcome they have some really neat options. The review below was from florymodels YouTube channel.

Last edited:
I love the fact it comes preset to provide upper and lower beacons, left and right wing lights, landing and engine lights with flicker (for jets I assume) as well as tail light, and cockpit illumination. All OOB as it were. From the demo I watched you can sand the LEDS to fit your needs. And of course you don't have to use their LEDs as I have seen Lots of those available on eBay etc. They have a demo on their site of a mig welder in a diorama that is spectacular!

It really looks like it would be a great thing to have for Diorama or even in flight displays. There are many others out there but this was has a bunch of nice presets with the aircraft modeler in mind built in!

To be honest there is nothing we can make ourself. The LED instalation is very easy to make. Just a matter of buying LEDs and a couple of additional electronic components.

Last edited:
To be honest there is nothing we can make ourself. The LED instalation is very easy to make. Just a matter of buying LEDs and a couple of additional electronic components.
True, however having multiple pre-sets makes it so much simpler. For static lights i.e. on or off, this would not be a good fit. Much simpler to build your own. I think where this shines is as a complete solution for an aircrafts lighting system.

It might be true. Having multiple pre-sets makes all of it much easier. However there is still a matter of the legth of the connecting cables because of a model scale that have to be fitted/adjusted often. In other words you have to either cut them or make longer. According to Murphy's rules if you have to correct something already existed it is easier to make it form beginning. :lol:

It might be true. Having multiple pre-sets makes all of it much easier. However there is still a matter of the legth of the connecting cables because of a model scale that have to be fitted/adjusted often. In other words you have to either cut them or make longer. According to Murphy's rules if you have to correct something already existed it is easier to make it form beginning. :lol:
Very very true, however they anticipated that need, after all the guys that made it are modelers themselves, so they offer extension cables and initial cables in varying lengths ready to go :D

I looked at their web site some time ago, and found that I could obtain everything I needed to make my own flashing nav lamps, anti-collision beacons and interior lights, with a control unit, battery holder and 'On / Off' switch at a very reasonable price, which I think, from memory, was less than that mentioned in the video.
That said, the unit shown is a very handy 'off the shelf' piece of kit.

Oh I have forgotten about the price as well. Most of a such components can be obtained from old and not needed any longer electronic devices. It may make the cost reduced at a half or more.

I found this item last month on line. Has anyone tried it? Thinking about getting it for my HK B25J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back