Great use for your old 3.5" floppies! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It is the same in Germany as well. The Germans have to pay a small fee (it is not really much at all) once a year for there TV and radios. I think it is bullshit and thankgod I dont have to pay since I work for the US government. I love it when they come to my door to ask to see how many TV and radio I have and I tell them to get off my property. They say they will come back with the police and I show them my passport with my SOFA Stamp in it and then they get but hurt and walk away.

The Germans really hate this and it would not surprise me if in the future it is aboloshed. So many do not register there TVs and Radios anyhow so it is pointless.

I remember having the TV tax in England and being a servicemember did not change that. They didn't check us on base, but off-base they could and fine you for non-payment. I think the guy I shared the house with and I watched the British TV maybe once a month, so we usually just left the hookup for the antenna disconnected and left it hooked up to the VCR.

I remember hand crank telephones, party-lines, teletext machines, Coke in glass bottles, the plastic bottles with the black bit on the bottom, B W televisions TV stations which only broadcast for 8 hours a day, Oh, and Milk delivered to your gate, first in Billys and then in glass bottles.

I remember having the TV tax in England and being a servicemember did not change that. They didn't check us on base, but off-base they could and fine you for non-payment. I think the guy I shared the house with and I watched the British TV maybe once a month, so we usually just left the hookup for the antenna disconnected and left it hooked up to the VCR.

They taxed you to off post even as a US service member. They dont bother over here as long as you fall under the SOFA agreement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back