Great War Trophy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
Sherman tank in Iraq - Military Photos

standard.gif

standard.gif

I wonder if Iraq had any T-34's? they must have...

How cool would it be to slice up a T-34 with an A-10?

I'd like to know how the tank got there. was it there from the 1940's? 1950's?

Iraq had Shermans in there inventory. There are several of them floating around over there still. I think I might have a pic of one that I took in an old tank bone yard over there. They may have bought them from the Israelis or the Egyptians.

I actually did bring back an Iranian and Iraqi flag. I took both of them off of tanks. One was an Iranian tank that was captured and the other Iraqi flag was taken off of an Iraqi tank. I also took some manuals out of some Iraqi tanks and I brought home a Iraqi Republican Guard uniform as well as some other Iraqi badges and money. I tried to bring home some parts out of an Iraqi Mig that was sitting at the end of our flight line, but our CO specifically put it off limits to us tearing it apart.

Other than that the only other thing I brought home (other than sand in my bags...) is some new Iraqi money (1,000,000 Dinar) in the hopes that one day the idiots over there will get there **** together and it will turn a profit. I bought the million dinar for only $200, so in the likely event that they don't get their **** together (and I am 99% sure they will never do so :lol:) it is not a loss and will make for some nice paper money souvenirs.

I have a shoebox full of Mexican currency, well over 250,000 Pesos worth...but it's the old Peso (pre-93) and it's worth just a little bit less than nothing.

Does look cool though, and back in the 80's, that would have probably bought me a beer and a loaf of bread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back