Greetings from Greece

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

George, a huge welcome to the family. I'd like to be really clever and welcome you in Greek,but alas my Cypriot is very rusty now (I lived in Cyprus from 2000 to 2003) What a beautifull Island and the Greek / Cypriot culture and traditions...simply wonderfull. OK, I know Cypriot 'lingo' is not the same as a true Greek, but there are enough similarities that you would probably understand my attempts.

I wish I was back in the Med !!!!!...for those of you who havent tasted the Greek / Cypriot lifestyle....I can only say, you are missing a huge experience.

I'm off to revisit the thousands of piccies I took while in the Med....and I'm having a home grown Meze with the Barbie next weekend (and yes, I will pour a beer over the Lamb, make loads of Tzatziki, 'Village' salad...not the same with the tomatoes we get here in the UK !... and Sheftelia, Haloumi, and Keo (Can get Keo about 30 miles from my home !...much better than than the Leon :occasion5:)

Yup, you guessed, I dont like living in the UK, I've tasted a far far better culture. !

George, a huge welcome to the family. I'd like to be really clever and welcome you in Greek,but alas my Cypriot is very rusty now (I lived in Cyprus from 2000 to 2003) What a beautifull Island and the Greek / Cypriot culture and traditions...simply wonderfull. OK, I know Cypriot 'lingo' is not the same as a true Greek, but there are enough similarities that you would probably understand my attempts.

I wish I was back in the Med !!!!!...for those of you who havent tasted the Greek / Cypriot lifestyle....I can only say, you are missing a huge experience.

I'm off to revisit the thousands of piccies I took while in the Med....and I'm having a home grown Meze with the Barbie next weekend (and yes, I will pour a beer over the Lamb, make loads of Tzatziki, 'Village' salad...not the same with the tomatoes we get here in the UK !... and Sheftelia, Haloumi, and Keo (Can get Keo about 30 miles from my home !...much better than than the Leon :occasion5:)

Yup, you guessed, I dont like living in the UK, I've tasted a far far better culture. !

Hey Geedee, I also guessed that you like some good food ;) and of course, there is no way that I can disagree with that!

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance yet to visit Cyprus, however I am aware that the quality of living there, is much better than many places in Greece...for sure is far far better than Athens! ... hahaha.

I wish you to have the opportunity to visit Greece too, there are many interesting things to see and great Mezes to taste! ... and by they way ... don't worry about your Cypriot language skills, there are many times that Greeks and Cypriots cannot understand each other .... :lol:

Last edited:
Καλημέρα, George! I'm half-Greek, and it's been a while since I've been to the old country. I wonder if Athens is as polluted as I remember (this was 20 years ago that I visited). The islands were nice - my Yiayia and Papou came from Samos. At any rate, welcome to the site!

Venganza

Καλημέρα Venganza!

Pollution continues to be an issue in Athens, even though there has been some big changes in the city (good and bad), the last 10 years, because of the Olympic games, such as the construction of metro transportation in 2000. Besides the Acropolis and a couple of interesting places, Athens has nothing else to offer, mostly due to the lack of big parks. For sure the islands (Samos is really nice) and many mountainous areas in the mainland are unique, and only for that is worth to visit Greece.

Cheers!

I enjoy wearing frilly underwear and drinking wine while rubbing my nipples.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back