Groundhog Thread Part Deux - P-39 Fantasy and Fetish - The Never Ending Story (Mods take no responsibility for head against wall injuries sustained)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Greg LITERALLY climbed in there and measured it.
This means PHYSICALLY measured the ACTUAL genuine aircraft.

He didn't hold up "drawings" and compare the two and guess.

He was actually INSIDE the engine compartment to make the comparison.

How in the hell can anyone be so jaded as to dispute physical contact versus "drawings"?

When Greg posted the measurements and description of the engine bay interior from an ACTUAL aircraft he was literally inside of - you should have appreciated his effort and thanked him for going to the trouble and then perhaps felt a little stupid for arguing over a wrong point, while learning from the information.

But no, we can't have that now, can we?
Nope, we're going to beat the dead horse's carcass until it's dust and then stomp the dirt where the carcass was just for good measure...

As they were being produced side-by-side!

My father was a man of many phrases and the one that sticks with this part of your posting is

'Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we practice too deceive'.

Same size Greg. Same length, same width.
OK, I give.

Exactly WHAT is the same size and width that I didn't already fully describe?

I already said that the engine compartment where the block goes is the same size. It's the compartment behind the engine bay, where the aux stage will go that is NOT the same size.

No wonder you can't read a chart since you can't read a clearly-worded reply and answer back without ambiguity.

Well, anyone who wants to come visit Chino, let me know via PM.

You can come to two different museums with me and measure until your heart is content. I'll even arrange for you to sit in the P-63 cockpit. We can also go to an Allison engine overaul shop and look at (and weigh, if we want to) an aux-stage supercharger and a remote nose case. We'll burn a steak and have a few beers.

Well, almost anyone ... I reserve the right to refuse hospitality, depending on the degree of Groundhoggery exhibited. I think a large majority would qualify for some friendly banter as we go check out this engine swap proposition and arrive at a joint conclusion to be posted in here.

We already KNOW how long a V-1710-93 Allison is - slightly over 215.5 inches. We already know how long a V-1710-35 Allison is - 194 inches. The length includes the nosecase. The difference in length is 21.5 inches unless my subtraction is incorrect. That length, sticks back into the rear compartment. But, hey, we can go verify that anytime and watch a few warbirds fly in the process.

Facts have never had any influence on this discussion, that's proper groundhoggery.

I'll pick up the steaks!

I hoping to take you up on that! As we put the Covid crap behind us and as my girls are getting older, I'm hoping to hit my old haunts as a tourist/ spectator rather than an active participant. Chino is one of my targets!

Users who are viewing this thread