Groundhog Thread v. 2.0 - The most important battle of WW2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

their biggest obstical was the royal navy, but we didn't have a huge number of men there, it would have been easy for them to gain air superiority early on if that task wasn't left to the italians...

No I am not, I mean you are correct but I would just throw them all into one to make thing easier. To me there was the european war and the pacific war. Yes you can break them down into theatres but I like to keep it simple like that.

Ok Adler, I agree that Malta was a Problum and a real Thorn for Germany and Italy. Really was Italie's ball and they dropped it poorly. But We have talked about Malta before and from the reading I have done it was a very fine fine deffence of the Island by the British that should be talked about.

AS for Russia, the Germans were ready but now fighting the RAF and should have picked one side to concentrate on.

Lanc, your thought on North Africa and the Oil is interesting. But one other thing, With North Africa you would now have the oil in Polesti better protected, but still Italy was not ready for war or should have stayed out until 1940 or 41.

Users who are viewing this thread