Group Builds 2021 to 2023 Call for Input

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK, we have a small issue.

These were the top 8 as of Monday afternoon:

Capture1.JPG

Monday evening, we got a late input from Ol 45 Ol 45 that has now created a tie for the 8th spot:

Capture.JPG

I asked Ol 45 Ol 45 , who is a rare poster to the forum, if he plans on joining any of these GB's but have not heard back. I don't think we want the GB schedule to be influenced by anyone who has no intention of participating, and I clearly said that in post #1, so we are now left with the question of what to do with the 8th place tie between MTO and Turning Japanese. Here are 4 options:

1) Wait for Ol 45 Ol 45 to confirm he will participate in the GBs and then have a tie break poll to establish the 8th position
2) Have a tie break now between MTO and Turning Japanese
3) Ignore the late input and go with the top 8 as at Monday afternoon
4) Expand the schedule to include the top 9 GB's. Note that if we elect to include the 9 GB's we're only doing so based on late input and the top 9 on Monday afternoon would have looked very different.

I was originally going to proceed by ignoring the late input but I think that it would be more appropriate to put the question to the members. So let's hear from you.

OK, we have a small issue.

These were the top 8 as of Monday afternoon:

View attachment 615740

Monday evening, we got a late input from Ol 45 Ol 45 that has now created a tie for the 8th spot:

View attachment 615739

I asked Ol 45 Ol 45 , who is a rare poster to the forum, if he plans on joining any of these GB's but have not heard back. I don't think we want the GB schedule to be influenced by anyone who has no intention of participating, and I clearly said that in post #1, so we are now left with the question of what to do with the 8th place tie between MTO and Turning Japanese. Here are 4 options:

1) Wait for Ol 45 Ol 45 to confirm he will participate in the GBs and then have a tie break poll to establish the 8th position
2) Have a tie break now between MTO and Turning Japanese
3) Ignore the late input and go with the top 8 as at Monday afternoon
4) Expand the schedule to include the top 9 GB's. Note that if we elect to include the 9 GB's we're only doing so based on late input and the top 9 on Monday afternoon would have looked very different.

I was originally going to proceed by ignoring the late input but I think that it would be more appropriate to put the question to the members. So let's hear from you.
Bless you sir for the patience and attempts at fairness. I re-read OL-45s post. If he had said 'absolutly' nonthing but Japanese, then a wait is warrented. But I read, Japanese would be 'favored' but not the only choosing. If, as I am reading your trying to be fair, I would allow a 24 hour response time from OL-45. Then go with the Monday poll! Not that this needs to be done this week anyway, just want to get it finished. I understand!

We have always tried to be fair, 24 hrs to respond was/is more than reasonable, original Monday list stands once the sand runs out....if it hasn't already done so.

Who's time zone is the hour glass in.....

I do agree with Wayne.
You have done well getting all this together and we will consider it ****Done!

I have eligible Davidson entries for 5 and Yorktown entries for 2. Wahoo!!!!!!
That Eastern front is giving me fits! I'll have to look back and see what it means..... cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys. Just to be clear, Geo's idea for Tunring Japanese was for any Japanese aircraft from any era but yes, WW2 Pacific covers much of it.

OK, so given that I asked Ol 45 the question in my response to him on Monday, and given that it's now been 22.5 hours since I tagged him yesterday, let's toss that input and go with the top 8 as it stood Monday afternoon (MST).

I will do GB 50 as Zombie and pull names from a hat randomly for the rest.

Case closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back