Gruman F4F Wildcat help for inside and cutaway drawings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

leored

Recruit
Aug 4, 2009
Hi
I want to scratchbuild the F4F wildcat using only aluminium. I am searching for some projects, drawings or cutaway views that illustrate me how to make the interiors, details and a realistic fulselage and wings.
It is very hard.. I know.. but I hope in someone help.
Best Regards

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Bummer..anychance of a fresh upload?

Hi Merlin 540,
thanks for your help but the link didn't work!! Can you upload again please?
I'll post the first photos!
best Regard

Hi Merlin540,

I just downloaded your file. Haven't UnZipped it yet.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Hello All,

I don't know if these drawings will help, but here goes. Pardon the quality. There is an unresolved issue with the scanner I am using.
The dimensions were very useful when I built my Wildcats for Combat Flight Simulator.

Have Fun!
- Ivan.

Attachments

• Wildcat_1of4.jpg
    Wildcat_1of4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,489
  • Wildcat_2of4.jpg
    Wildcat_2of4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,589
  • Wildcat_3of4.jpg
    Wildcat_3of4.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,602
  • Wildcat_4of4.jpg
    Wildcat_4of4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,558
Last edited:
Thanks Merlin, great collection!

Ivan, outstanding stuff!

I am repairing an F4F Wildcat.

I need the roller chain that is used to raise and lower the landing gear. Production of this chain was discontinued some time after WW2.

The chain is designated as 148X1/4 or 50X1/4. I believe these are Diamond Chain Part Numbers.

I can use any amount.

Please advise if you have or know someone who may have some old inventory.

Joe Sshelton 918 2908 8435 or 918 230 5555. Fax number 918 298 0486. Email [email protected]

You're Welcome VALENGO,

Let me know if you are looking for detail photos of a particular section. I have a few books that might be useful, but there is way too much stuff to scan and post.

Post some photos of your work when you are ready!
- Ivan.

Hi, Ivan:
Very many thanks for the drawings, they are most useful.

Kind regards,
Gavin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back