Grumman A6E Intruder "Desert Storm" - Dragon 1/144

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you to all !

Nice Dirk !, please post the pics here ! I would like to see your stuff

The seats I bought a pair from OzMods in Australia, and I did a silicon mold of then, so I can make how many seats I need, If you want I can send some seats to you, just PM me.

About the colors codes, they are from Gunze Sangyo Colors. Those codes on black square are to enamel colors (mr color) and those codes in white square are to acrylics colors (aqueous hobby). I love these acrylics Gunze Sangyo Paints. You can bought from Lyckymodel on china. You can dowload a conversion chart at my blog in downloads page

Best regards and thanks to all !

I hope to have time to work on this little project this weekend..

Last edited:
Some UpDates

Wings in place, landing gear bays, and landing gear on place too. some little work on wheels

Just few pics

The ideas to the diorama are coming now

best regards to all !

Thanks Dirk, I´m using Gunze H334 to undersides and Tamiya XF53 to upper. These are just aproximated colors, I don´t have the colors indicated on mannual, here in Brazil is almost a miracle to find Gunze Sangyo Paints to buy on hobbyshops. I´m ordering mine paint botles on Luckymodel...
Lets to some updates
Masking on wing roots

Bombs load Looks good, I have to apply some decals on bombs..

Just it by now.
best regards and thanks to see the topic

thank you evan, terry, and all !

I working some more on ordinance, now, I need to include "remove before flight" strips, but only when I finish the model, here some pics, some weathering was made too

just this by now !

So lets to some update:

With a little PE saw, I cut the canopy to make it opened.

I did a litle base, the 553th Squadron from Marines, was on Barhein bases in Desert Storm, so I did some sand on the base, to make the sand I use Tamiya XF-52

To the grass, I use Woodland Scenics Fine Turf

The final looking was this:

To make some more realistic the diorama, I get one cart, from another Dragon Set

And I´ll use some Preiser figures too..

Almost done !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread