Grumman A6E Intruder "Desert Storm" - Dragon 1/144

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice choice Lucas. I have a few of these Dragon A6 kits myself. Last night I finished up my Dragon "Jolly Rogers" memorial flight build and was contemplating which to start next.

I have a few questions for you. Where did you get your replacement seats from? I built my Tomcat with the blobs in place and I can't bring myself to do that again.

Another issue I've come across with the Dragon kits is that it points out color codes to use on the model but they aren't listed in the color chart. How can I figure out the correct colors. A search on the web got me no where.

I look forward to seeing more progress

Thank you to all ! :D

Nice Dirk !, please post the pics here ! I would like to see your stuff :D

The seats I bought a pair from OzMods in Australia, and I did a silicon mold of then, so I can make how many seats I need, If you want I can send some seats to you, just PM me.

About the colors codes, they are from Gunze Sangyo Colors. Those codes on black square are to enamel colors (mr color) and those codes in white square are to acrylics colors (aqueous hobby). I love these acrylics Gunze Sangyo Paints. You can bought from Lyckymodel on china. You can dowload a conversion chart at my blog in downloads page ;)

Best regards and thanks to all !

I hope to have time to work on this little project this weekend..

Last edited:
Some UpDates

Wings in place, landing gear bays, and landing gear on place too. some little work on wheels

Just few pics

DSCN1986Small.jpg

DSCN1988Small.jpg

The ideas to the diorama are coming now :D

best regards to all !

Thanks Dirk, I´m using Gunze H334 to undersides and Tamiya XF53 to upper. These are just aproximated colors, I don´t have the colors indicated on mannual, here in Brazil is almost a miracle to find Gunze Sangyo Paints to buy on hobbyshops. I´m ordering mine paint botles on Luckymodel...
Lets to some updates
Masking on wing roots
DSCN1992Small.jpg

DSCN2000Small.jpg

Bombs load :D Looks good, I have to apply some decals on bombs..
DSCN2001Small.jpg

DSCN2002Small.jpg

DSCN2007Small.jpg

DSCN2005Small.jpg

DSCN2009Small.jpg

DSCN2008Small.jpg

Just it by now.
best regards and thanks to see the topic :D

thank you evan, terry, and all !

I working some more on ordinance, now, I need to include "remove before flight" strips, but only when I finish the model, here some pics, some weathering was made too :D

DSCN2056Small.jpg

DSCN2060Small.jpg

DSCN2065Small.jpg

DSCN2069Small.jpg

DSCN2064Small.jpg

just this by now !

So lets to some update:

With a little PE saw, I cut the canopy to make it opened.

DSCN2075Small.jpg

DSCN2092Small.jpg

I did a litle base, the 553th Squadron from Marines, was on Barhein bases in Desert Storm, so I did some sand on the base, to make the sand I use Tamiya XF-52

DSCN2082Small.jpg

DSCN2083Small.jpg

DSCN2084Small2.jpg

DSCN2086Small.jpg

DSCN2088SmallSmall.jpg

DSCN2089Small2.jpg

To the grass, I use Woodland Scenics Fine Turf

DSCN2090Small-1.jpg

DSCN2096Small.jpg

DSCN2097Small.jpg

DSCN2116Small.jpg

The final looking was this:

DSCN2115Small.jpg

To make some more realistic the diorama, I get one cart, from another Dragon Set

DSCN2103Small.jpg

DSCN2105Small.jpg

DSCN2106Small.jpg

DSCN2107Small.jpg

DSCN2110Small.jpg

DSCN2111Small.jpg

And I´ll use some Preiser figures too..

DSCN2118Small.jpg

DSCN2119Small.jpg

Almost done !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread