Grumman F8F Bearcat image. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spitlead

Airman 1st Class
Feb 19, 2019
I took the photo in 2017 and used a Photoshop type software to make it look like an art piece. Hope you like it and would appreciate any feedback.

IMG_6422_photoshopped_FotoSketcher_Painting10 (scaled down).jpg

Nicely done.

How large could one print it without distortion?

I take pretty high resolution digital photos. The original file size is 7MB. So,at least 11x14, probably 16x20 or even higher. Since this is what I call 'photo art' and has the appearance of a painting with brush strokes, I would say distortion for this kind of image would not be very noticeable at even larger sizes.

I took the photo in 2017 and used a Photoshop type software to make it look like an art piece. Hope you like it and would appreciate any feedback.

View attachment 580662
Reap:
I love rhe Bearcat. In the late '60s I saw Fornof fly his copper colored F8F. Just came across info/photo (Sept/Dec 1945) showing F8F-1s of VF-19 with a centerline single drop tank parked on Maripi Point Airfield, Saipan. I knew that the F8F was enroute to the Pacific, but didn't know they made it to combat readiness. WOW!
Does anyone know if they were ever test flown in preparation of combat operations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back