Hamilton Air Show 2012

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here are some of the Dakota. I believe this is Dak with the highest number of hours on it in the world.

DSC_06481.jpg

DSC_06501.jpg

DSC_06511.jpg

DSC_06531.jpg

DSC_06571.jpg

DSC_06581.jpg

DSC_06591.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhh boy I miss the airshows in the States. Hamilton is just up the bay from where I lived. I was there years ago with Russ Francis and his P-51D. Met Bob Hoover there with Russ. Did some cartooning on the side of Lacey's PV-2 Harpoon before he painted in the Navy colors. It was still bar aluminum, he was still working on that beauty. Bill Walsh came and visited Russ at his plane. I thought they had ripped up the runways at Hamilton when the property was developed.

I miss them, Watsonville, Salinas, Tracy, Livermore, all them local airshows. Even flew into Minter Field with Russ in the Mustang. Ground crewed his plane at several shows. Even got to fly in to NAS Moffit in a TBM, and back out again at the end of the show. We took on 5 gals of oil just to bring it up to minimums.

I miss them airshows.

Thanks for the pictures. Gonna do a Lanc for the next Heavy Hitters GB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back