Hans von Hahn's BF109 E-4

Discussion in 'Questions on Kits, Decals, Tools and Pilots' started by von hahn, Aug 24, 2008.

1. von hahn

von hahn Member

Hi all!

I have decided to model Hans von Hahn's Bf109 E-4 from the August-October 1940 period.I'm using the Tamiya 1:48 kit which is a fantastic one for this particular aircraft.I also have a number of references regarding the colour scheme,but am trying to find out if anybody can assist with info on whether he displayed his kills on his rudder at this stage of his career or not.

I know that he definitely had a "scoreboard" on his Bf109F on the eastern front but am unable to get any photos f his 109E...Any pictures wuld be wonderful!

Thanks!

2. Lucky13

Lucky13 Forum Mascot

Nightshift picker
    Home Page:
    Looking forward to the build Von Hahn....I'm sure that someone will be able to help you out here.

3. Njaco

Njaco The Pop-Tart Whisperer
    Staff Member Moderator

Animal Control Officer
    Found 2 poor profiles but if you can find this book (posted the cover) on page 56 is a full page profile showing top, side and front. In the first pic, the middel Bf 109 is Hahn's.

Attached Files:

4. Wayne Little

Wayne Little Well-Known Member

there certainly are a number of profiles around showing the victory markings on the rudder.....don't recall any photo's off the top of my head?
    Will have a look through some books to see what I can find....