Happy 4th of July to all Americans out there!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What are you guys up to?

Having the family over (all relations of the little girl in the picture) and doing up Burgers, Brats, Corn, Potato Salad, Cheese (a recent addition to the 4th compliments of my Italian wife)and.........

....................BEER! Lots of beer!

Kinda rainy here, no worries we need it and it will clear off in the afternoon so we can watch the fireworks at the top of the street.

Have a good one boys!

Have a great 4th of July and have a cold one (if old enough) for me!

ENJOY!

View attachment 65695
Americans one and all, Adler ist gelandet, Froliche Gebursttag! Happy Birthday!

A Happy Fourth to all Americans.My best wishes.:D
Wurger, Thanks!

Yup....HAPPY 232nd BIRTHDAY to you all....and many, many more to come!
Thanks Lucky! My Dad's side of the family are Stewarts from Scotland. Mother's side, Pringles from Ireland. Small wonder they didn't stay married!

Going down to my moms place, she has a couple acres. gonna bbq and drink some beers:D its cool because they launch the fireworks over her house. So we actually get them directly above our heads:D

I already posted this. Oh well...

Ah my first 4th of July where I will be at home in a long time (Military loves to make sure its soldiers do not get hollidays off...:lol:). I guess being a civilian again pays off!

I am having a big BBQ over at my house this weekend with lots of friends. I have 10 racks of ribs ready to go. Tomorrow I will make my Cole Slaw (KFC recipe...), potato salad and baked beans. Later in the day I will get the grill going.

Some of my guests tomorrow will be Germany and I have promised them a real traditional American BBQ. The only thing that will not be American is going to be there beer, I just could not go there! :lol:

Later that night we will watch the fire works form the Army Airfield that I work at from my back yard.

I plan having a good holliday weekend. I will probably go fishing on Saturday and either golfing or hiking on Sunday.

What are you guys up to?

I got up at 0400 to put the Brisket in the smoker and will put the ribs in about 0900 to wrap up at 1600. Dry Rub.. My Texas Smoker will handle a 10 pound brisket and about 9 racks of ribs.

No fireworks around here - our valley is still pretty hazy from all the N.California fires and we are in constant worry of fires (as Erich is all too familiar with) in Oregon in the Summer.

We'll be doing Dirty Rice, Cole Slaw, garden salad and banana cream pie for about 30 people. I suspect there will be Gin and Tonics, Beer and Margarit's somewhere.

Tomorrow morning (early) I'll be working up loads for 375 I just finished re-barrelling. I will NOT be getting trashed today for sure.

Sunday will be 'mo de lawn/pasture' day.

Happy 4th of July everyone....

To all u Brits (Limey Bastards) out there, Thank You for not being able to control one of ur Colonies from across the Atlantic...

Ur failure has allowed us to celebrate this occasion, and everytime I blow something up or shoot a rocket into the sky, I feel proud that my ancestors had the balls to defeat tyranny and claim our Independence....

Where did you say you lived, Tim, off the Boulevard? I'll be there at 2pm. :):):)

It was a good one N, got everything inside right before the rains came. Great meal, ate like kings. Then, the nonresident family left and my wife and daughter crashed. It was raining and I figured the Fireworks up the street were a bust. But they did them anyway. Ended up standing on a golf course, sipping beer and watching the local club's Fireworks display from practically under them.

A pretty good day.

Off to another BBQ today. Three in a row, no wonder I gain weight in the summer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back