Happy Canada Day and also 4th of July (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
A big weekend here in North America. Today we are celebrating Canada Day as my country turns 149 years old today. A National holiday with parties and fireworks and all the good stuff.. On Monday, our American neighbours will celebrate the 04th of July and they will party hearty I am sure.

Border cities often time "twin" their celebrations and make a honking great weekend out of it. It is great when July 01st is on a Friday and July 04th falls on the Monday. A true long weekend party.

Cheers,

Jeff

Thank you, Jeff, Terry, Shinpachi, George but I thought you all had a July 4th "over there" as well???
This should also go under the Random People History thread:
One of the most widely held misconceptions about the Declaration of Independence is that it was signed on July 4, 1776. In fact, independence was formally declared on July 2, 1776, a date that John Adams believed would be "the most memorable epocha in the history of America." On July 4, 1776, Congress approved the final text of the Declaration. It wasn't signed until August 2, 1776.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back