Happy Freaking Thanksgiving U Bastards....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gluehwein really is good stuff, when it's cold of course.
And we can find it even here in Atlanta, now would it be too much to ask for a bit of snow? :)

it should be sipped almost to the point of rejection, meaning as hot as you can drink it. Possibly one of the best cold remedies ever made in this world ...........

I have nasty memories of the first time I had a hot glas of this potentially dangerous liquid. I couldn't talk for three days as I scorched my throat out

Speaking of Glühwein, yesterday I hung out with this cutie Slovak 23 yo girl. We went around the Prague Old Town Square, there's this Xmas market, we drank Glühwein..... Oh life's sweet! 8)

That is what I meant up there. It should be drinken when it is cold outside not when the Gluehwein is cold. The Gluehwein should be extremly hot like Erich said. It warms you up.

Anyhow tomorrown night me and my wife are driving to Bamberg, Germany to go to the Christmas Market there. I cant wait to drink some Gluehwein, eat some Saurkraut and Schupfnudeln, listen to the christmas sounds and savor in the Christmas smells.

Heres a quick recipe for Xmas. Poached Pears with a little twist instead of poaching the pears in ordinary red wine as per usual, try using Mulled/spiced wine instead, add just a little sugar about 1 teaspoon to a whole bottle of Mulled wine and just peel the pears cut a flat on the bottom and stand in a saucepan with the wine simmering till soft and serve cold with or without creme fraiche yummy.

Adler are you taking some fotos I hope of these neat scens during this special time of year ? ............man I hope so, Bamberg is actually a spot that my wife and I want to come and visit besides the small walled towns on the Romantik strasse. Are the markets selling the paper cutouts still - aka tree ornaments ???

Unfortunatly Erich, my camara is still in my desk at work so I got no pictures of the Weinachtsmarkt in Bamberg. Which I am hitting myself for. It was very very nice. Something they did that was neat was the Nikolaus schwim. About 30 people in wetsuits jumped into the river with torches and swam in formation around a raft with St. Nikolaus on it. At the end of the river he got off the raft and handed out presents to all the children. It was really a sight to see. Poor swimmers must have been freezing in the river, but then again they volunteered to do the special event.

I am however going this weekend to Rothenburg o.d Tauber this weekend for the Chrismtas market there and I will take my camara. I am sure you are aware of this historical and ancient city on the Romantik Strasse. I will take pictures of it for you and post them here in a thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back