Happy Freaking Thanksgiving U Bastards.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Nonskimmer said:
trackend said:
Stupid statement Pisis
Agreed. What was the point of that, Pisis? Killing, enslavement, and colonization are as old as mankind. They occurred on every continent throughout our long sad history, so I fail to see the point of trying to ruin a perfectly harmless holiday with the kind of sh*t you just posted. You think the Czech Republic was the exception to the rule or something?

Exactly very well said. How about we go ahead and Cancel all Hollidays Pisis because I am sure that somewhere in that holliday there was something that was not quite right.

I'm sorry if I insulted someone, I didn't mean it this way, really. :oops:

I was just trying to point out onna fact that Indian culture was almost vanished because of colonization. Not only in the US but also in South America.

I just saw many films (Winnetou) from Karl May about Indians and read an article about what happened in the US during the 60-70 (AIM - American Indidan Movement).

And I thought the Thanksgiving Day is connected with Indians... Or it isn't?

And as to the Czecho...... they never did a conquery war, only self defensive.........

Please accept my apologizes if I have hit anyone with my words.

Pisis

The first thanksgiving was celebrated together with Native Americans. However Thanksgiving is a holiday to be greatful for the good in your life and the things that you have been given in life. It is not a day to ruin with comments about negative things.

...Thanksgiving is a holiday to be greatful for the good in your life and the things that you have been given in life. It is not a day to ruin with comments about negative things.
It's the same thing in Canada, even though we celebrate it in early October instead of late November. I don't think natives ever really played a big part in Thanksgiving here though. Not that I recall anyway. :-k

Nonskimmer said:
...Thanksgiving is a holiday to be greatful for the good in your life and the things that you have been given in life. It is not a day to ruin with comments about negative things.
It's the same thing in Canada, even though we celebrate it in early October instead of late November. I don't think natives ever really played a big part in Thanksgiving here though. Not that I recall anyway. :-k

Well, I think it's mostly an English holiday... It's not really celebrated in my region.

Anyway, Happy (late) Thanksgiving.

Yea, I know it was celebrated with natives and colonizators...... Some English captain and an Indian chief. But don't remember where.

Here it is not celebrated, of course. Also I didn't noticed any references about it here.

too many stuffy inlaws and their kids........glad I'm back home.

I despise Turkey and pumpkin pie anyway. I'd take Hot German potato salad mit Wurst in a flash any day with a nice glas of Weiß Wein
party0009.gif

Erich said:
I'd take Hot German potato salad mit Wurst in a flash any day with a nice glas of Weiß Wein

I just ate that actually. Some good Rot Wurst and some good pototo salad at the Weinachtsmarkt in the town where I live. I love this time of the year. I did not drink a Weiss Wein but rather a Gluehwein.

Been a busy gal and also no time to read whole thing ....... BUT.... though late ...... I wanted to say Happy 'Thanks giving' Les and folks stateside.

what is ya most thankful for?
after being in china.....im thankful for a flushing toilet that I dont have to squat over ( especially with my bowels.... and just having have a rum and orange and a bag of nuts).

ah Gluhwein I still have some in the fridge from last year Adler, yes freezing rain right now so time to heat some up with my babe'

Say Crippen when do we get a look see at some of your pics of China and you on the great wall doing some climbing :D ?

hey I am just thankful to be alive and able to get out of bed every morn. Dang that sounds OLD !
xmas-smiley-010.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back