hartmanns victories

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Its been posted twice, I deleted the other one...

Hey Bomber, Welcome to the site! 8) I think something like that has been posted here before, Ill have a look around for it for you 8)

Enjoy your stay! :D

I would imagine lots of Russian bombers.

Even if you take out some of his claims he would still be the leading ace with the legit ones.

He was not the best but he does go down as the greatest in my book for that fact.

Hartmanns victories where all on the Russian front with a 109...before he became the leading ace in WW2, was he posted somewhere to hone his flying skills...ie conflict started in sept of '39, and russia on june 22 1941...I find it hard to believe he never faced a fighter pryor to Soviet/germany agression

Hartmanns victories where all on the Russian front with a 109...before he became the leading ace in WW2, was he posted somewhere to hone his flying skills...ie conflict started in sept of '39, and russia on june 22 1941...I find it hard to believe he never faced a fighter pryor to Soviet/germany agression

Have you ever read his biographies? He never saw combat until August 1942, first score in November and shot down by his victim and took a fairly long time to get his first 11 awards.

He was also awarded seven Mustangs in the Rumania/Czechoslovakia area although recent 'matching' has several of his first five claims returning so hard to tell for sure.

Unquestionably a great fighter pilot..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back