Hasegawa 1/48 Bf 109K-4 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the positive comments guys! I liked the way this one turned out. The aerial almost touching the loop antenna is a visual bother so I might attempt a fix.

Didn't the antenna wire pass through the loop antenna on K-4s with no aerial mast (all but early production) ?

Some had the attachment to the fuselage one frame further aft, and on those the antenna wire certainly passed through the loop.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
upload_2017-3-6_9-17-24.png

Yes, the aerial goes through the loop but it rides high and is almost touching it.

Looks like the wire needs to be moved back a touch, roughly in line with the forward edge of the fuel filler flap. That should increase the angle, clearing the DF loop.

Looks like the wire needs to be moved back a touch, roughly in line with the forward edge of the fuel filler flap. That should increase the angle, clearing the DF loop.

Yes, Terry, I think you are right. But it will require some paint repair to get rid of the older spot of CA that is there.

Well done John, it does look much better if that's any consolation! :thumbleft:

Thanks Kirby! Yes, and that nagging sensation is gone! Gonna be off the boards for a few weeks... will be traveling to Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan again leaving Sunday.

Have a good trip and we will be waiting for you to return. Greetings and again, congratulations on this distinguished Bf-109!
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back