Hasegawa 1/48 Bf 109K-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for looking in!

Looks good. Wondering if the prop blades would have been wood though.
Nope. Not on Blue 16 anyway. The photo clearly shows bent prop blades. I haven't seen any evidence that wood was used on 109G/K props.

Bf109K-4_Blue16.jpg

On we go towards the end! Finishing is just a matter of gluing all of the last bits on. The wheels have been attached to the struts, making sure that the flat spots contact the ground correctly.
IMG_3591_zpss6hhjrtg.jpg

A final bit of painting and weathering on the landing gear doors.
IMG_3592_zpsaemmynoh.jpg

The separate control surfaces are glued in a relaxed down position. The loop antenna has been attached to the spine of the fuselage.
IMG_3593_zpsm0btb7ju.jpg

Since the tail is removable, I put a spot of wet paint on the table surface and rested the tail wheel on the wet paint. This gave me an accurate spot in which to sand a flat spot.
IMG_3594_zpsfo30fedt.jpg

The landing gear covers are glued into place.
IMG_3595_zpss6eb6wxd.jpg

IMG_3596_zps6bbrv00o.jpg

The supercharger intake with the re-worked weld line is put back on.
IMG_3597_zpsqdvkxwfp.jpg

This is not a hair but the aerial made from stretched sprue. I painted it brown, a step I often skip out of laziness.
IMG_3598_zpss0heq4or.jpg

I added a few blobs of white glue which will be painted black when dry.
IMG_3599_zpsa1j25kmk.jpg

The last bits to be attached are the whip antenna and pitot tube.
IMG_3600_zpsaajtdumv.jpg

I think she's done! The aerial comes close to touching the loop antenna but I REALLY don't want to redo THAT!
IMG_3601_zpscdrflpp0.jpg

I'll need a free afternoon to take proper pictures of Blue 16 so it'll be a couple days before you'll see what Blue 16 truly looks like.

Agree with all. Good idea about the paint trick for the tail wheel.

For the main wheels, I never trust that I'll get the flat spots right before gluing them on for 109's and anything else with splayed landing gear. Instead, I drag the model over a sheet of sand paper after the wheels are glued on, holding the tires securely so as not to stress the legs and break them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back